WordXpress is a unique new service that we have just launched. WordXpress combines fast track WordPress private training and hands on help to build your WordPress website. It costs just £290 + vat and can take place at either your offices/home or via Skype – whichever is most convenient for you.
- Learn WordPress
- Build your website
- +1 hour free support and mentoring
If you want to learn WordPress and get ‘hands on help’ to build your website all in 1 day then WordXpress is for you.
We’ll spend the first part of your WordXpress day building your website together. We’ll take this step-by-step and explain everything along the way. The second part of the day we’ll teach you how to use WordPress so that you can maintain and evolve your website with confidence. As WordXpress is ‘one to one’ it can be tailored to your requirements.
It costs just £290 + vat and can take place at your offices/home or via Skype – whichever is most convenient for you.
Book now on 01225 426987 or email email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
How our WordXpress service works…
Once we have confirmed a date with you, we will send you some questions in preparation for your WordXpress day. This is so that we can make the most of our time together and ensure that we build you a great looking website!
*Travel costs will be applicable if you wish to have the WordXpress at your office or home.
WordXpress training course outline
Time 10am – 5pm.
Please note that you will need a desktop computer or laptop (with wi-fi) as the course is ‘hands-on’.
Attendees get their own WordPress site (hosted on our servers) to learn on during the day and for 1 year after the course or can use their own ISP (Internet Service Provider) to host their website. We will need to know beforehand if you wish to use your own ISP so we can install WordPress and set up your Database via the Control Panel onto the server of your ISP.
Absolutely no experience required. As long as you can use a computer you will be able to build a great looking website with WordPress.
How to set up WordPress
- Introduction to WordPress
- How to set up a WordPress website
- How to publish posts, pages, images and video
- Formatting your posts
- Adding links
- Inserting and embedding media – images, video, audio
- Creating and arranging your menu
- How to monitor and moderate comments
- How to stop spam
How to make your site look great with WordPress themes
- Themes and how can you use them
- Theme frameworks (e.g Woothemes, Thesis)
Search Engine optimisation
- How to make sure your website is optimised for Search Engines
- Use ‘pretty url’s’ that will improve ‘click through’ rates
- Tagging and categorising your posts – how to do it and why it’s important
- Best practices when linking
How to add functionality to your site with WordPress plugins
- Overview of plugins
- How to install plugins
- 5 top WordPress plugins and what they do
- How to use plugins and widgets to improve your website’s functionality
How to take advantage of the social web
- Sharing your content on other social networks
- Auto-posting to Twitter
- Adding ‘Share’ buttons
- Adding a newsletter
- How to integrate your content with Twitter and Facebook
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Create a WordPress website
- Use WordPress to manage your website content
- Manage comments
- Understand WordPress themes, plugins and widgets
- Integrate social media content into your WordPress website
- Promote your website